Click here for volunteer opportunities
STUDENT RE-ENROLLMENT PROCESS – 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR
St. Mark School is making plans for next year. In order to effectively manage our school, it is imperative that we understand each family’s plan for student re-enrollment. Please review this document carefully, and direct any questions to Mrs. Erling at 910-452-2800 ext 241.
• Current St. Mark School students receive the highest priority for enrollment in the 2013-2014 school year. All current student re-enrollment requests are processed before new students are admitted.
• In order to be considered for re-enrollment, parents MUST complete and return Re-enrollment Forms by February 1, 2013 AND have fully paid any tuition and fees due to this date, or have entered into a written alternative payment arrangement with St. Mark School’s business manager.
RE-ENROLLMENT PROCESS – FEBRUARY 2013
Items listed below must be completed, and forms returned to St. Mark’s school office by February 1, 2013. Failure to do so will result in your family forfeiting re-enrollment priority.
1. Complete and return the St. Mark School Payment Agreement Form. As indicated on the Tuition Payment Agreement Form there are multiple payment options. All families choosing Options 2 - 4 MUST provide banking information with their Payment Agreement Form or initial the box allowing us to use the information we have on file.
2. A $500 Family Registration Fee must be paid by April 15, 2013 (check ) or April 20 / May 5, 2013 (epayment only). The registration fee will be applied towards your 2013-2014 tuition balance. Elect your method of payment in your Payment Agreement.
3. Complete and return the Parish Participation AND Expectations for Admission Forms, if you want to be considered for active parishioner tuition rates. If you are not a St. Mark parishioner, you must get your form SIGNED by an authorized member of your parish in order for the form to be valid. If this form is not returned, and/or if your participation cannot be verified, you will not be eligible for the active parishioner tuition discount.
4. Current year tuition, after-school fees and lunch fees must be paid in full. Please contact the St. Mark School business office (910-452-2800 ext. 240) by 2/1/13 if there is an issue with payment.
5. St. Mark School reserves the right to accept or decline a request of enrollment at any point. The school’s decision is final.
Please return your registration materials in a sealed envelope marked ‘Confidential’, or return directly to the office. We will handle all enclosed materials with the utmost care and confidentiality. If divorced, please provide documentation from divorce decree that pertains to the child(ren).
•Re-enrollment requests that occur after the initial February re-enrollment process will not qualify under the Admission Priority Level sequence. This means current students FORFEIT their top priority level if the Re-enrollment Request form is received after 2/1/2013.
•Any family that did not submit their forms by 2/1/13 can request re-enrollment. If space is available, the re-enrollment request will be processed. If space is not available, the student will be placed on a waiting list.
•If you have any extenuating circumstances that impact your re-enrollment decision, please discuss with the Principal as soon as possible.
•If there is another sibling you want to enroll in 2013-2014, you must submit a new student application for that child. Please include the child’s name on your tuition agreement form. Application materials can be found at St. Mark School’s website, or you can request a copy from our front office. New student applications are due on or prior to February 1, 2013.
STUDENT TUITION/FEE SCHEDULE
2013-2014 Tuition Fees will be finalized in April 2013. Rates are expected to change. The amount of the increase is dependent upon school enrollment numbers. Rates in effect for the 2012-2013 school year are provided below, for planning purposes only.
2012-2013 Student Tuition Schedule - Pre-K to 6th Grade
$5,000-1st child of registered, active, contributing parishioner of a Catholic parish (Discounted rate)**
$6,500 1st child of all others (Regular tuition rate)
2012-2013 Student Tuition Schedule – 7th, 8th Grade
$5,150 1st child of registered, active, contributing parishioner of a Catholic parish (Discounted rate)**
$6,650 1st child of all others (Regular tuition rate)
Multiple Child Tuition Rate Discounts
2nd child: $500 discount 3rd child: $1000 discount Additional siblings (4th, 5th, etc.): $1,500 discount
The definition of “a registered, active, contributing parishioner” is one who has been registered for at least the last 6 months, has contributed to their parish offertory in a regular identifiable way, attends Mass at their parish regularly, and shares their time and talent with the parish. Although no specific amount of regular offertory participation is being stated, there is one piece of information that may be helpful in your discernment. All local Catholic churches have agreed to send $500 per year (approximately $10 per week) to offset tuition costs for each of their students attending St Mark Catholic School provided the family is actively participating in their parish. This $500 per student per year offertory support enables St Mark School to keep tuition rates lower.
Identifiable and regular offertory support must be made through edebits, parish envelopes, checks or any other way that permits posting donations by family name into the parish’s database system used to issue end-of-year statements, at least monthly. A Catholic parish participation form signed by the Pastor or other authorized individual is required for annual status verification.
There are limited registration/tuition assistance funds available. In order to qualify for tuition assistance, families must use the F.A.C.T.S. program by February 15, 2013, to determine eligibility. All supporting documentation required by F.A.C.T.S. MUST be submitted by March 15. Please contact Ms Myers or Mrs. Petite for further details.
Thank you for your support of St. Mark School. We are looking forward to a great 2013-2014 school year, and will work hard to ensure your child continues to receive a top-notch Catholic education in a safe, caring environment.